Artificial turf is the most popular surface in the world of sport. From multi-purpose sports fields to golf courses, they can be found almost everywhere. For any facility manager, having artificial turf instead of natural grass has many advantages. With no more concern about the weather, the resistance to heavy traffic, and its longevity, it is always a preferred choice.
The top 10 advantages of choosing artificial turf for your theme park are vast, and many of them are not expected. It may be a necessary option for you to consider the next time your building space needs replacing.
The following are some of the greatest benefits that synthetic grass has over its natural counterpart.
- Artificial turf is resistant to wear and tear, thus making it ideal for theme park facilities where guests are constantly moving and on their feet. If you are considering artificial turf for your fun park, then it is recommended that you go for an infilled system. It is less expensive than a solid system and offers durability.
- The grass blades are made up of polyethylene fibers with the ability to withstand the high stress placed on them by guests without leaving any damage or breaking apart. They are able to bend and spring back into their original shape.
- The infilled system has the added advantage of draining water rapidly and does not sustain any standing water, making it completely safe for both guests and spectators at your facility.
- A traditional grass surface may need time before it is ready for use after being subject to some extensive wear, whereas with this type of grass, it is ready as soon as it has been laid out. This means you can start using your sports field on the same day that the installation process takes place instead of waiting weeks for the grass to grow and settle in.
- At least 2 inches of soil over a porous base is required to support natural grass and ensure its good drainage, whereas, for this particular type of grass, only a thin layer is necessary.
- It has the ability to resist drought, and you can save water by using it instead of natural grass. Not only will you be conserving the H20 supply, but your costs in maintaining it are lower.
- Its resistance to wear makes artificial turf ideal for play areas. Children tend to run and fall, but with the non-absorbent surface of this grass, you do not have to worry about injuries from cuts and scrapes.
- There is no need for fertilizers or any other sort of maintenance that natural grass requires, and once installed, it does not require additional watering. This form of grass can also withstand chemical treatments, and it does not wilt even when the weather is hot.
- You will be able to make use of your facility all year long without having to close it down during seasons when there is snowfall or rain. All you need is a good drainage system that prevents any moisture from accumulating on the surface.
- Artificial turf allows you to utilize the facility all year round by incorporating a heating system that keeps it warm during cold weather. This feature makes it ideal for skiing parks because it can be used all year long, even in snowy conditions.
Artificial Turf Can Even Be Used In Water Parks
There are many benefits of artificial turf in theme parks and waterparks. Artificial Turf for Water Parks is one of the most popular options when it comes to waterpark surfacing. The biggest benefit to artificial turf in a water park is that you don't have to worry about rain, snow, or extreme temperature changes. Artificial turf will stay cool in summer, warm in winter, and won’t freeze over during the winter months as natural grass would. And if the park is open year-round, artificial turf can be a great option.
The use of synthetic grass in water parks has become more and more popular over the last decade. Many water theme parks have started to install this type of surface due to its excellent performance in high-traffic areas such as fountains and other water attractions. The safety of the water park guests always comes first, so it is important that the surfacing material used will provide a safe surface for everyone.
Think Beyond Grassy Areas
The use of artificial grass in theme parks should not be limited to just fountains and other water features. These types of surfaces can also be installed around swimming pools, playgrounds, locker rooms, front entrance ways, and much more. By using a synthetic landscape surfacing material in these areas, you can make your theme park a lot safer for guests.
Artificial turf surfaces are ideal for use in theme parks and waterparks because they can withstand constant traffic while still providing an extremely safe surface. This type of surfacing material is easy to clean, requires less maintenance than natural grass, and will never wilt or turn brown due to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
No matter what your theme park or water park's specific needs are, artificial turf is an excellent solution for high-traffic areas. By using synthetic grass in key spots around your facility, you will be able to increase safety and give your park a unique look that enhances the overall guest experience.